Monday, January 19, 2015

2014 New Years Countdown Results

idol BEATS Radio calculated results of the voting from tons of idol fans all over the world, to bring you what the fans voted as the Top 100 idol songs of 2014! The results are in, so here you go:


1. Toki wo Koe Sora wo Koe (Morning Musume)
2. I miss you (C-ute)
3. Koko no Iru Riyuu (Nogizaka46)
4. Ano Hi Boku wa Tossa ni Uso wo Tsuita (Nogizaka46)
5. Ai wa Itsumo Kimi no Naka ni (Berryz Koubou)
6. Umareta mama de (Nogizaka46)
7. Mikaeri Bijin (Morning Musume)
8. Hadaka no Hadaka no Hadaka no Kiss (Juice=Juice)
9. Kizuitara kataomoi (Nogizaka46)
10. Kibouteki Refrain (AKB48)
11. Kokoro no Sakebi wo Uta ni Shitemita (C-ute)
12. Bling Bling My Love (Fairies)
13. Romance wo Katatte (Berryz Koubou)
14. Shabadabadoo (Sayumi Michishige)
15. Nandome no Aozora ka (Nogizaka46)
16. Kokoro no Placard (AKB48)
17. Do You Believe? (GEM)
18. What is Love? (Morning Musume)
19. Watashi, okiru (Nogizaka46)
20. The Future (C-ute)
21. Senobi (Juice=Juice)
22. Natsu no Free and Easy (Nogizaka46)
23. Kaze ni Fukarete (Juice=Juice)
24. The Power (C-ute)
25. 1-Oku 3-Zenman Sou Diet Oukoku (Berryz Koubou)
26. Hikaeme I love you (HKT48)
27. Love Take it All (C-ute)
28. Labrador Retriever (AKB48)
29. Aa, Susukino (S/mileage)
30. 12gatsu no Kangaroo (SKE48)
31. Urahara Temptation (Kikkawa Yuu)
32. TIKI BUN (Morning Musume)
33. Sakura, Minna de Tabeta (HKT48)
34. Futsuu, Idol 10nen Yatterannai Desho!? (Berryz Koubou)
35. Towa no Uta (Berryz Koubou)
36. Sono saki no deguchi (Nogizaka46)
37. Kodoku Kyoudai (Nogizaka46)
38. Candy Pop Galaxy Bomb!! (Cheeky Parade)
39. Chikyuu wa Kyou mo Ai wo Hagukumu (S/mileage)
40. Nani mo Dekizu ni Soba ni Iru (Nogizaka46)
41. Egao no Kimi Taiyou sa (Morning Musume)
42. Korogatta Kane wo Narase (Nogizaka46)
43. Mukuchi no Lion (Nogizaka46)
44. Ambulance (AKB48)
45. Bukiyo Taiyou (SKE48)
46. Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai (Morning Musume)
47. Mawaru Sekai (Yumemiru Adolescence)
48. Star Shine Story (GEM)
49. Dankeschön (Nogizaka46)
50. Mystery Night (S/mileage)
51. Watashi wa Watashi Nanda (Morning Musume)
52. Together (Cheeky Parade)
53. Otona na no yo! (Berryz Koubou)
54. Koi wa Panic (Babyraids)
55. Arekore Shitai (Juice=Juice)
56. Hanamichi!! Ambitious (SUPER GiRLS)
57. STUPiG (BiS)
58. Killing me softly (Tokyo Girls’ Style)
59. Password is 0 (Morning Musume)
60. Kirari to Hikaru Hoshi (Morning Musume)
61. Moon Pride (Momoiro Clover Z)
62. Odoro yo, fish (Tsuribit)
63. Black Butterfly (Juice=Juice)
64. Your Love (M Three)
65. Takane no Ringo (NMB48)
66. Bouken (LinQ)
67. Amai Melody (Kikkawa Yuu)
68. Run with U (Fairies)
69. Ii jan (Kikkawa Yuu)
70. Shampoo Hat (Team Syachihoko)
71. Haitateki! (Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku)
72. yell (Orange Port)
73. Juujun na Slave (AKB48)
74. Bari 3 Kyouwakoku (Dempagumi.inc)
75. REAL (Rev. from DVL)
76. KONJO (AKB48)
77. Final Dance (BiS)
78. Just! Call Me (GEM)
79. Eighteen Emotion (S/mileage)
80. Perfect Sky (PASSPO)
81. Dakishimete Anthem (Team Syachihoko)
82. Mae Shika Mukanee (AKB48)
83. Romance no Start (Nogizaka46)
84. Partition Love (Tokyo Girls’ Style)
85. Naiitemo Iindayo (Momoiro Clover Z)
86. Sky Traveler (Dorothy Little Happy)
87. LOVE -Arigatou- (Rev. from DVL)
88. Dare ni mo Naisho (Bitter & Sweet)
89. Mirai to wa? (SKE48)
90. Date ja nai yo Uchi no Jinsei wa (Juice=Juice)
91. Miracle Paradise (i*Ris)
92. Wind Chime ~Machi no Tunnel~ (RYUTist)
93. Toiki no Method (Nogizaka46)
94. Heart no Hoshi (Sakura Gakuin)
95. Sailor Zombie (AKB48)
96. Kanashiki Heaven (Single version) (C-ute)
97. Like a Heartbeat (GEM)
98. Snow Distance (Palet)
99. Itoshiki Rival (AKB48)
100. Ibiza Girl (NMB48)

It's a great Top 100, with a lot of big names, but also a few lesser-known idol groups who managed to rank! There is a lot of variety as far as the songs musically, as well. If you see something you've never heard, I recommend going and giving it a listen! 

Along with this, it was also decided to post 25 Honorable Mentions. The below songs all had multiple votes, are mostly ties with each other (or all ranked very closely) and all could have easily ended up somewhere in the Top 100 if voting had just been a slight bit differently. Because of this, I thought these songs were definitely still worth mentioning, and I hope you will all give them a look:

Kidoku Suru (HKT48)
Kiss me Kiss me (Coco Decoru)
Moshimo aeta nara (Osaka Shunkashuto)
Natsukoi (LinQ)
Ahhahha! ~Chouzetsu Bakushou Ondo~ (SUPER GiRLS)
Kowareta Ai no Hate ni (Predia)
Kiraki Runway (Prism Box)
Chu-la-la (RYUTist)
Brand New Style (GALLETe)
Sakura Apparition (Dempagumi.inc)
Mukashi no Kareshi no Oniichan to Tsukiau to Iu Koto (HKT48)
Kimi wa Kimagure (AKB48)
Toomawari no aijou (Nogizaka46)
Dream Last Train (Triplet)
Tomorrow World (Weather Girls)
Primary Colors (Kamen Rider Girls)
Colorful Days (LinQ)
Yuki Usagi (IDOLING!!)
Campanula no Yuutsu (Terashima Yufu)
LEFT or RIGHT…? (Cheeky Parade)
Tabidachi Kirari (Tsuribit)
Idol Illmatic (Rhymeberry)
Super Hero (Fairies)
Himawari (PASSPO)
Evolution Da (HR)


So, what songs that you voted for managed to rank? What are you surprised to see (whether it's unexpectedly high or low)? Let me know in a comment, I'd love to know everyone's reactions to the results!

I'd also like to take a moment to let those of you who do not know that idol BEATS Radio is looking for volunteers to join the staff here. There are different jobs, and the more people who volunteer, the more we can split them up and make everything less time-consuming. If you enjoy this station and want to see it continue to grow, or if you are passionate about idol music and hope to spread it, please consider joining me. You can get full information on the post linked here.

6 comments:

  1. Very interesting results, it was worth a wait! The top two is hardly a surprise for anyone though. I don't like either that much, but TokiSora is quite pretty. I'm particularly glad to see Shabadaba relatively high at 14th and Orange Port's YELL at 72nd! I wonder if someone else besides me voted for it? I'm also glad to see some RYUTist in there. I'll definitely go through this list and check out any songs that I have yet to hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I have to say, I defintely expected more Hello! Project at the top, but there's stuff like Babyraids and Yumemiru Adolescence above Password is 0! That's pretty cool, well, I'm MM biased myself, but I still think so.

      Delete
    2. Honestly the fact that most of these songs came from mainstream groups and few from less popular groups means there actually WASN'T a lot of variety. I've read more than one comment from fans that all *48 group songs have the same music / melodies because the same songwriter / producer writes all their songs! Hello! Project songs all have a distinct sound too for the same reason. The only song I voted for that actually made the top 100 was "Heart no Hoshi" by Sakura Gakuin, and that song ranked at #94.... *sigh* This is exactly what I expected though. I knew that some of these less popular groups would not rank at all. I am glad to see two songs I voted for in the honorable mentions: "Kiraki Runway" by Prism Box and "Kiss Me Kiss Me" by CoCo DeCoRu [the way I type their name based on their logo]. I realize there are STILL idol fans who don't know about (or even care about) less popular / indie groups, which only makes me want to support them even more. I have a website, two blogs, a Facebook page and several threads on Hello! Online for the idols I care about, so I guess I need to find a way to get these idols I love some more recognition. Here is my list of the best songs from 2014 along with some observations about the idol scene. http://this-is-your-wake-up-call.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-2014-japanese-idol-review.html

      Delete
    3. I think I voted for "REAL", "Ambulance" and "Urahara Temptation" among others, so I'm glad that these songs ranked .).

      Delete
  2. I'm sad because I forgot to vote. :(

    Well, my favorite song of the year was either "Do You Believe?" by GEM (which was #17, yay!!) or "(Kari) wa Kaesuze be your soul" by Up Up Girls (Kari) [none of their songs ranked... :( ]

    I'm also happy "Hanamichi!! A~mbitious!" charted, too. And of course all the H!P songs. And Yumemiru Adolescence, Tokyo Girls Style, RYUTist, PASSPO... lots of good songs last year. :)

    Even though I prefer groups, I hope there are more (successful) solo idols this year. This chart was entirely taken up by the groups (unless you count Michishige Sayumi's solo).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I agree, there wasn't a lot of variety. There are so many idols who didn't make it to the list at all. It's just I expected there to be even less variety, because most international idol fans I speak to only seem to know the mainstream groups. I'm mostly a Hello! Project fan myself, but I'm always curious about other idols as well. Sakura Gakuin is one of my favourites outside of Hello! Project. :)

    ReplyDelete